About the postion
This is a high-visibility, high-impact, full-time role in our Empower Product Group for professionals with a proven history of execution, and a desire to rapidly expand a product organization. Technical acumen and domain experience in data engineering, Azure, SaaS, and Data Analytics are strongly preferred.
Who you are:
- Overall: We would like to see candidates with 5+ years experience in Product.
- Experienced. You have experience building solutions involving data or analytics in product management or similar roles. You have a strong background in enterprise software.
- Customer and user focused. You have the ability to put yourself in a users’ shoes and understand their needs. You listen closely to all avenues of feedback. You love to be the voice of the customer.
- Passionate. You love the intersection of building software, deeply understanding customer needs, bringing products to market, and data science technologies. You have strong product and design instincts that inspire confidence.
- Leader. You inspire trust with team members and can drive change in a positive and productive way. You anticipate problems and mitigate risks.
- Growth mindset. You enjoy learning new things and see challenges as growth opportunities. You excel at mastering technical products and being the go-to person in your domain.
- Strong communicator. You are comfortable representing your team & product, presenting vision & priorities to internal stakeholders, customers, and partners. You enjoy speaking opportunities and have a proven experience presenting to large teams and leadership.
- Data Enthusiast. You have a strong desire to help people see and understand data.
- A Ruthless Prioritizer. You treat time as a team’s most valuable asset.
- Entrepreneurial. You solve problems for your customers while jumping on opportunities to strategically add new lines of business.
- Technical Focus. You have experience with technical work, having been a developer yourself in a former role or by having deep experience with developers and learning technologies they use.
What we expect from you
- Execute. This means being constantly biased towards action, knowing the data, being in the details, setting a high bar and building strong collaborative relationships with other teams, thinking boldly, disambiguating, always thinking of the customer first, and rapidly iterating towards something demonstrably awesome.
- Creates a culture of self-reflection and actively seeks out two-way feedback within their team and direct stakeholder group.
- Participates in the interview process and applies a consistently high bar with well-articulated feedback.
- Achieves proper balance between taking direct ownership for work versus creating leverage through effective vision setting and delegation.
- Sets ambitious but realistic goals, and productively challenges others to do the same.
- Re-frames problems in outcome-oriented terms and identifies creative solutions that optimize speed-to-value while setting up for long-term sustainability.
- Regularly identifies, experiments with, and implements new practices and processes that improve team performance.
- Autonomously leads cross-functional delivery for the broad business strategy they are accountable for and aligns around OKRs to achieve key business outcomes.
- Regularly reflects on and revises priorities to ensure optimal overall value delivery. Creates focus for team(s) and sets boundaries with stakeholders as needed across cross-functional initiatives.
- Leads definition of 12 – 15 month vision for one or more roadmaps with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrates deep subject matter expertise in their product domain, acting as functional level lead for problem investigation and solution design. Understands adjacent product areas and associated business and technical integration dependencies and risks.
- Uses objective decision making frameworks with well-defined criteria for deciding among a number of valid options, helping structure ambiguity and complexity into clear paths to decision making and forward progress.
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise and thought leadership in their product and business domain, and advocates compellingly for their point of view.
- Demonstrates sound, independent decision making in the areas of prioritization, trade-offs, upward/outward communication, expectation setting, etc.
- Communicates effectively with stakeholders who may not be familiar with domain – can build frameworks to communicate complex ideas to unfamiliar audiences.
- Proactively defines appropriate communication mechanisms, like reporting and status updates, for their domain and ensures follow-through.
- Can lead and/or facilitate cross-functional interactions with varying audiences. Clearly defines purpose and objectives and drives towards them.
- Builds influential relationships with senior partners and stakeholders (Directors, VPs) and can persuade cross-functional teams to accept required work to achieve desired goals.
- Able to effectively influence across teams to create shared alignment for vision and goals, key requirements, overall prioritization, and timing.
- Drives technical discussions with development teams, and able to communicate with developers to sanity check their designs.
- Researches technologies constantly to stay up-to-date with the cutting edge to continuously improve the product in terms of speed and efficiency.
- Azure Data Factory
- MSFT Fabric
- Apache Spark
- SQL Servers
- Microservice Architectures
- Data Warehouses/Data Lakes
- AI and ML
- Large Language Models and Natural Language Processing
What you can expect from us
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
About Hitachi Solutions
Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.