Our Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us using the information provided below.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with an individual user or his/her device. Personal information does not include information that is publicly available.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Depending on how you use our Websites, we may collect different types of personal information from you, including: (a) Information we obtain directly from you when you provide it to us; (b) Information (about you or your device) as you use our Website; or (iii) Information we collect from third-parties.
Depending on how you use our Websites, this information may include:
- Identifiers like your name, an alias, your postal address, an online identifier, your IP address, and/or an email address. These are various ways in which we identify you or your device when you visit our Websites or communicate with us.
- Commercial information like the products or services obtained, your employment status, records of payments, etc.
- Internet activity information like your browsing history, search history, and your interactions with our Websites, online services or advertisement. This information may be associated with one or more identifiers described above.
- Location data including a general location of the geographic area associate with your IP address or, if you provide it to us, your actual address.
- Professional or employment related information you may provide for purposes of employment consideration. Employment related information is subject to additional privacy disclosures that will be made at the point of collection.
- Inferences we make about you that are drawn from any other personal information.
Information You Provide To Us
The information we collect on or through our Websites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites that are controlled by us.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses, first name, last name), if you contact us.
- Hitachi Solutions may collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address and phone number when processing customer service requests.
- If you purchase Hitachi Solutions products through our Websites, we may collect billing and shipping addresses directly or through a third party, telephone number and other information necessary to complete the transaction.
- We may request and require personal data to better understand your needs and provide you with improved service.
- Hitachi Solutions may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Hitachi Solutions and our affiliates.
Information we collect automatically
When using our Websites, we may automatically collect information about you or your device. We may do this ourselves or with the assistance of third parties. This information relates to the way you interact with our Website. The following is data we collect from your device automatically:
- Device Information: We collect technical information about the device you use to access our Websites like your device’s IP address and operating system. Additionally, in the case of mobile devices, your device type, and mobile device’s unique advertising identifier (such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID) and any other unique identifier that may be assigned to the mobile device.
- Browser Data: We collect technical information about the browser you are using that is captured in order to serve content that can be rendered on your device.
- Browsing Activities: We collect data about your browsing activity on our Websites. For example, which pages you visited and when, what items were clicked on a page, how much time was spent on a page, and similar metrics.
- Location Data: This is non-precise information related to your geography derived from your device’s IP address (e.g. laptop, desktop or mobile etc.). This does not reveal your precise geographic coordinates (i.e. your GPS latitude and longitude) – only country, state, city and zip/postal code level location data. We use this to assist in your navigation of Hitachi digital properties.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
We may obtain personal information from third parties and combine such information with the information that we collect through our Websites. For example:
- We may collect or use information made available to us through third-party platforms, online databases and directories, or other means. Note that this information may be governed by the privacy statement of the third party.
- We may receive updated shipping information from a third-party provider.
- We may receive various types of information, including identification information, contact information, and transactional information from our service providers, vendors, and Hitachi-affiliated entities.
- We may collect information from unaffiliated third parties so that we can better understand you and provide you with information and offers that may interest you.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Hitachi Solutions may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Hitachi Solutions and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. We do not sell, rent or lease our customer lists to third parties.
How We Use Your Information
We may use, disclose, or share your information, including any personal information with third parties for the following business purposes.
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, including disclosures based on your consent.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Websites and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses. For example, we may employ chat-bots to assist with customer service requests.
- To personalize your experience on our Websites and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Websites, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Websites and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Websites and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Hitachi Solutions about our users is among the assets transferred.
Your Choices Regarding Our Use of Your Information
Where and when applicable, your account provides you with access to much of your information and you can review and change your information by logging into your account. You should not change any information that would affect our contractual relationship with you.
In addition, we have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
You may opt-out of any commercial emails sent by us by unsubscribing from them.
You can also find additional information on cookie controls and advertisement here:
- Network Advertising Initiative
- Digital Advertising Alliance
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance
- Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada
Google allows users to opt out of tracking by Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting services. You can adjust your settings here, or download the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
California Privacy Rights
Please see our Privacy Notice for California residents below.
We have implemented technical and operational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. You are required to take reasonable steps to protect your own personal information. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
The transmission of information via the internet is never fully secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Hitachi Solutions America, Ltd.
100 Spectrum Center Dr., Suite 350
Irvine, CA 92618 USA
Attention: NA Privacy Team
Effective Date: July 1, 2020
Last Update: September 24, 2020
HSAL Privacy Notice for California Residents
This CA Privacy Notice applies solely to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California. However, it does not apply to the following:
- Personal information collected about a natural person in the course of that person acting as a job applicant to, an employee of, owner of, director of, officer of, medical staff member of, or contractor of Hitachi Solutions (“Employment Relationship), to the extent that the personal information is collected and used within the Employment Relationship.
- Personal information reflecting a written or verbal communication or transaction between the business and a consumer, where the consumer is a natural person who is acting as an employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor of a company, partnership, sole proprietorship, non-profit, or government agency and whose communications or transactions with the business occur solely within the context of the business conducting due diligence regarding, or providing or receiving a product or service to or from such company, partnership, sole proprietorship, nonprofit or government agency.
Information We Collect
Hitachi Solutions collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). Personal information does not include publicly available information, information that is deidentified or aggregate consumer information, or information excluded from the CCPA’s scope. For purposes of this CA Privacy Notice, we will make reference to the enumerated categories of personal information described in the CCPA. These are:
- Identifiers: For example, a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- “Sensitive Data” (Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))): Including a name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. (Note: Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories).
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. Including age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
- Commercial information: For example, records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Biometric information: Includes, but is not limited to, imagery of the iris, retina, fingerprint, face, hand, palm, vein patterns, and voice recordings, from which an identifier template, such as a faceprint, a minutiae template, or a voiceprint, can be extracted, and keystroke patterns or rhythms, gait patterns or rhythms, and sleep, health, or exercise data that contain identifying information.
- Internet or other similar network activity: Including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data.
- Sensory data: Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Professional or Employment Related Information.
- Student Records: Non-public education information per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99). For example, education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
- Inferences: Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Hitachi Solutions has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months: