Omnichannel vs. Multichannel Customer Service
Omnichannel customer support offers one clear advantage over a multichannel system: an effective integration of data across all departments to make your customers the true focus.Read the Blog
Hopefully, you’re having a prosperous holiday season. NRF — Retail’s Biggest Show — is right around the corner. The show is January 16-18, 2022 in New York City, and it is live and in person again! It’s the perfect place for you to check out what’s new and cool to help you be even more successful next year.
We know the last couple of years have been challenging for retailers as COVID-19 changed the face of the industry. Online retail sales increased 39% during the pandemic. Now those consumers are looking for fast, automated, and contactless experiences from your brick and mortar stores. Autonomous checkout solutions can be pivotal to helping you innovate and adapt to better meet these changing consumer needs, as well as deal with the post-pandemic labor shortage.
Serve Customers Better and Faster, Gain Valuable Insights
With that in mind, we’re excited to showcase the Hitachi Automated Shop at NRF. Drop by Hitachi’s Booth #5961 to see our autonomous retail solution in action! From check-in to shopping to check-out and payment, you can experience the ease and flow of the solution — all from the customer’s perspective. You’ll also get to peek behind the curtain at the cutting-edge technology we use to create this new automated shopping journey.
Hitachi Automated Shop brings together frictionless purchasing, advanced (but privacy protected) tracking technology, and intelligent analytics. It lets you deliver a seamless shopping experience to your customers while providing valuable insights into their shopping behaviors.
Versatile and cost-effective, Hitachi Automated Shop gives you more operating and deployment flexibility than ever before. Highlights include:
- Customer check-in kiosk and automated cashier-less payment transactions offer a smooth, frictionless shopping experience that also supports social distancing and health protection
- Privacy-friendly 3D lidar sensors provide accurate customer journey tracking, gaining deep insights into buyer behavior and product interaction
- Smart Shelf technology combine artificial intelligence and load sensors to provide accurate product selection and real time shelf inventory
- Advanced analytics track abandoned products, provide basket analysis, and reveal patterns so you can deliver targeted marketing and dynamic promotions, and quickly pivot and profit from rapidly changing customer behaviors
- Seamless integration to coolers, coffee machines, and other IoT connected devices providing additional convenience services for customers
- Interactive Real-time shopping basket view allows for in-store promotions and the ability to get onsite customer assistance, helping build customer satisfaction and loyalty
With Hitachi Automated Shop, you can serve customers better and faster, reduce labor costs, and provide efficient 24/7 operations. It’s accurate, secure, and scalable. It’s the future of retail.
But don’t take our word for it, come see it for yourself. Our team members will be on-hand at NRF in Booth# 5961 to walk and talk you through the automated shop, answer questions, and discuss how you might be able to leverage autonomous retail technology in your stores.
Reimagine Retail with Hitachi and Microsoft
NRF is an event we look forward to as an opportunity to connect with customers and highlight how our solutions can help retailers modernize and innovate to be more resilient, responsive, and profitable in today’s dynamic digital world.
Hitachi Solutions has many offerings designed to reimagine retail by delivering a unified, frictionless, and personalized customer journey across all your channels. From autonomous shopping to B2B and B2C order management to connected retail awareness to customer insights to analytics as a service, we help you elevate your customer experience, differentiate yourself from the competition, and enhance adaptability.
All our solutions align with Microsoft’s Cloud for Retail vision. I’m excited to share this vision, and our integrated solutions, with you. Let’s connect at NRF. If you’re not able to make it to NRF in person, please contact us so we can schedule a meeting or personalize a demo for you.