What is it?
Teams doesn’t just unify communication products; it also provides a window into other apps and services (think of Teams as an added layer of functionality on top of your Office 365 stack). It creates a central hub for teamwork, bringing together chat, meetings, calling, collaboration, app integration, and file sharing. Employees can now focus on collaborating rather than navigating the collaboration tools.
As a single collaboration platform, Teams creates a more open, digital environment. Other benefits include:
- Reduces costs by avoiding per-minute audio conferencing provider costs and PBX maintenance/PSTN costs
- Rapidly expedites collaboration within an organization
- Alleviates end user confusion by allowing them to work in one application throughout the day from any device
- Satisfies various work styles by transitioning seamlessly from messaging to voice to file sharing
- Boosts employee efficiency and productivity